I don't really have anything to talk about, but I haven't written on here for awhile so I thought I should. The semester is FINALLY winding down! I am very lucky this semester that I don't really have a lot of semester tests. I actually have only two tests and they are just unit/chapter tests. I do have to go to two of my other classes as well, but there aren't tests in them. One is a group application and my other class we are going to Waterloo to read to first graders! I'm really excited about that! I'm ready to be done with classes because since I'm changing majors it's hard to have motivation to go to classes and do the work.
A struggle that I have had lately is being confident in myself and having contentment with where I am. I feel like everyone knows what they want and they seem so happy about things. I am not even close to that. I mean I'm not grumpy about life, but it just seems to be a struggle when I'm getting out of bed because I feel like I have nothing to be excited about anymore. I know that I should get out of bed with a great attitude because God sustained me through the night, but some days it just takes more effort.
More than anything I want to just leave Iowa for awhile. I have no idea where I would go or what I would do, but I just want to leave for awhile. I feel like I say this a lot, but honestly I just feel so stuck here all the time. I want a change of scenery and a change of faces. I want to go somewhere where no one knows me and so they don't know my past. Basically, I want a new start with life. A chance to start over.
One last thing. It's kind of girlish, but recently I have been really excited about meeting my future spouse. It's kind of exciting now because I maybe have never met him or maybe I have. Either way God is right now preparing his heart for me and I think that is amazing. I now need to allow God to be in total control of my life and let Him bring me to him in His own time.
No comments:
Post a Comment