Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Homestretch to Summer

These past couple weeks have seemed to go by really fast! Spring break was so relaxing. I got to spend time with one of my best friends, Kate, and the love of my life, Jacob. Kate and I were really crafty. We made mustache coffee mugs, painted wine glasses, and made flower headbands! It was a blast! Jacob and I continued to learn how to make "grown-up" meals and we were able to just spend quality time with each other. The end of the week was spent with my family which was really fun! We went to the King's Speech and Applebees. The King's Speech was such a great movie and I recommend it to anyone!

Lately, life has been crazy to say the least. God has broken me down. I have learned that without Him I am nothing. I have been carrying around my pride thinking basically the world revolved around me. I have realized that I have not been as loving as I could to people. I regret this. I have had thick skin for the past couple semesters without ever letting my guard down. I am finally ready to let it down and let people in. This will take time, but I want to get to know people and not just on a surface level. I don't want to just vent to them and have them help me, but rather I want to listen to them and help and encourage them.

This weekend I am going home and I could not have chosen a better weekend to get out of Cedar Falls. I just need some time away. I get to see Jacob and hopefully (fingers crossed) see my brother's track meet on Friday. I still need to get work off.

Highlights from the past couple weeks:
  • Quality time with Jacob
  • Quality time with Kate
  • Quality time with family
  • Being an assistant clinician is going great!
  • Caught up on sleep
  • Finally on the homestretch to summer
  • Proactive on finding a second job
  • Dance party
  • Apartment is clean
  • Good grades
  • City and Colour is currently on One Tree Hill (Two of my all time favorites) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment